Master Hospitality’s manual handling course is designed to instruct employees in the theory and practice of safe manual handling in all areas of hospitality.
This course complies with Part 4 Chapter 2 of the “General Application Regulation Regulations 2007, Manual Handling of Loads”, whereby employers are responsible for providing training to any staff engaged in manual handling and ensure employees are safely handling loads.
Who should attend?
Anyone whose work includes Manual Handling activities, i.e. the transporting or supporting of loads that include lifting, putting down, pushing, pulling, carrying or moving of heavy or awkward loads, where those activities are likely to lead to back injury.
Course objectives and content
On completion of this Manual Handling course participants will understand:
- What is manual handling
- The law and manual handling
- The importance of safe manual handling
- Risk assessments and hazards
- The anatomy of the spine and muscular system
- Causes of injuries using incorrect manual handling
- Correct use of personal protective equipment
- How to asses and handle a load safely
Practical Session and Assessment includes:
- Lifting to and from ground level
- Lifting to and from a height
- Lifting to and from a bench
- Team lifting
- Lifting bags/sacks or other loads appropriate to the workplace
Manual Handling Certificates are awarded to all participants on successful completion of practical assessment.
Valid for 3 years.
€40 per person.
Group rates vary depending on the volume of staff. Please contact us directly for more details.
Need a HACCP Cert also?
Manual handling and HACCP level 2 can be conducted on the same day over an 8 hour period.
9.00 – 17.00 – Full day on site or off site training
9.00am – 12.00pm: Manual Handling:
12.00 – 13.00: Lunch
13.00- 17.00: HACCP level 2
Certificates are given once all participants have passed all assessment and examinations. Please call us for details.